Online privacy practices
Your right to privacy is important to us.
We are keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring you obtain full value from the website and the Products and services we may be able to market to you.
Personal data we collect
In some areas of our website, we ask you to provide information that will enable us to enhance your visit or reply to any enquiry you send us. For example, this would include where you provide feedback to us through our contact form or when you complete any online survey we may offer, from time to time.
Contact forms collect information to enable us to provide quotations, answer general queries and monitor our sales and marketing efforts to report return on investment. The information we collect and store are as follows:
- Your Name
- Your email address
- Your company
- Your telephone number
- How you heard about us
- The industry you work in
- What your enquiry is about
Information you actively give us, such as these details are collected and stored when you register your enquiry with us, when you correspond with us using online forms and questionnaires, we can then provide a contract for Product and service based on the enquiry.
Cookies are text files put on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is then used to track visitor use of the website and to create statistical reports on website activity. For more information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. Please note in a few cases some of our website features may not function because of this, we would recommend you leave them turned on in order to get the most from our website.
Analytics – eg how visitors use our website
- We use Google Analytics to store information about how visitors use our website so that we may make improvements and give visitors a better user experience.
- Google – http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
IP addresses – or Internet Protocol Address is a unique numerical address assigned to a computer as it logs on to the internet. Versapak do not have access to any personal identifiable information and we would never seek this information. Your IP address is logged when visiting our site, but our analytic software only uses this information to track how many visitors we have from particular regions.
Internet Based Advertising – Google adwords and Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter advertising services use tracking codes installed on our website so that we can manage the effectiveness of our campaigns. We do not store any personal data within this type of tracking.
Why we collect this information?
This information is needed to supply the contracted services to you so that you may benefit from a quality product and service in a freely competitive business environment. Our lawful basis for this reason is “Legitimate Interest” and we believe we may process your personal data to ensure you continue to receive our products and services in line with the market.
What is data processing?
Data processing is any operation or set of operations performed upon personal data, or sets of it, be it by automated systems or not. Examples of data processing as listed by the GDPR are collection, recording, organising, structuring, storing, adapting, altering, retrieving, consulting, using, disclosing by transmission, disseminating or making available, aligning or combining, restricting, erasure or destruction.
What do we do with the data we process?
The information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to support your customer relationship with us and will never be shared with any unauthorised third party organisation.
How we use the collected data?
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To allow us to process your enquiries, to correspond with you about new and updated products and services and to keep our records up to date.
- To personalise our site where appropriate, and to allow us to promote special products or services to you.
- To help us to make continual improvements to the site, including helping us to detect and prevent fraud or other misuse.
In respect of Business to Business clients, the legal basis for processing your data under GDPR is “Legitimate Interest” and we can process your personal information as we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
For Business to Consumer Clients and/or internal employees our lawful reason for processing your personal information under GDPR is “A contract with the individual” eg to supply goods and services you have requested, or to fulfil obligations under an employment contract.
How we manage security & precautions around data collected?
When you give us personal information, we take steps to make sure that it is treated securely. Sensitive information encrypted and protected within our IT servers. Our websites use site security SSL and encryption when creating / registering accounts (where relevant), or submitting data via contact forms. When you are on a secure page, you can see a green lock icon and the word ‘Secure’ will appear within the URL, and HTTP will become HTTPS.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Access and controlling collected information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information we think you may find interesting, if you have consented to this.
- Occasionally we outsource marketing and technical activity to a third party. These companies will only have access to information that is necessary for them to perform the task, under contract with us. We may ask them to process data according to a task and may not use it for any other purpose.
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate whether or not you consent that the information can be processed for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us form or emailing Nichola Carroll at email@example.com
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you wish to proceed with a request please email Nichola Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
- Nichola Carroll,
The Versapak Group
4 Veridion Way, Erith, Kent, DA18 4AL UK
- Nichola Carroll,
- Your Right to be Forgotten
- Should you wish for us to completely delete all information that we hold about you please email Nichola Carroll at email@example.com.
We may send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. To opt out please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we hold your data?
Marketing: We will hold your data for a period of 6 years with a review every 3 years. You will have the opportunity to opt out, update or delete data at any point should you request. To opt out please email: email@example.com.
Contracted Services: We will hold your data for 7 years in line with our regulatory requirements.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Versapak Group
4 Veridion Way, Erith, Kent, DA18 4AL UK
- Versapak’s Terms & Conditions of Sale
- More information about the GDPR. Visit the Information Commissioner’s Office. https://ico.org.uk
- To enquire with Versapak, change details or opt out, contact us by clicking here.